Instagram is a social media where millions of people are using. When you have an account you get tagged in necessary photos or post that you are not present so you would want to remove the tag. But, Instagram has not told about it so, it is more likely to be a hidden feature.
To untag yourself from a post on Instagram, you can follow these steps:
- First open the Instagram app in your mobile phone. The app has the pinkish color camera lens icon. You need to find it and tap on it to open the app. as you open the app, you will see the home screen where you will be seeing post by the users you have followed.
- In the screen, you will see the navigation bar at bottom where the last icon in the right side is the profile icon. You need to tap on it and then you will see your profile in the screen.
- In the profile screen, you will be able to see the bar in the middle of the screen which is like navigation bar. You can tap on the third tab icon to see the photos that you are tagged in.
- As you see the photos, you need to choose anyone post that you want to remove tag of yourself. As the post opens, you need dot tap on the triple dot icon that is more option and it will be in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the more options, you will need to tap on the “Post options” section. Then a tab where you will see the “Remove tag” option so, you need to tap on it.
- You will need to confirm the step so, you need to tap on the “Yes, I’m sure” button.Then you will be un-tagged by yourself and you will not see the same post in your “Photos of You” section in your profile.
Now if you want to un-tag someone from the post then the post should be posted by you. You can’t remove tag of someone else from other’s post. So, to do that, you can follow these steps:
- So, you need to go for the profile, and check the posts that you have posted. Then you should open the post that you want to un-tag someone. As you open the post, you need to tap on the triple dot icon that is more option at top right corner.
- Then from the more options, you need to tap on the “Edit” option. Then the post will open in the edit zone where you can make changes in that post. As the post will have the tagged numbers as person but not name.
- So, you need to tap on the number that tag is available then the names will be displayed. As the name displays, tap on the particular name and you will see the cross or clos icon which will be the remove icon. You will need to tap on that icon.
- This will not make you ask for the conformation. But, you need to save the changes. So, you need to tap on the tick icon on the top right corner. You will need to tap on that tick icon twice.
After that you are done. Now you know how to un-tag yourself from others post and un-tag someone from your post.